Monday, February 05, 2007

Billy Vera & The Beaters

I just saw Billy Vera and the Beaters at Cozy's over the weekend. You may not expect it but this was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Billy has a 9 piece band that includes a 4 piece horn section. In addition to a few of his classics ("At This Moment" and a trio of ballads from the "Blind Date" score) The Beaters take you on a musical journey through every conceivable movement in blues and brass from the 20th century.

If you know me, you know I go out of my way to see a lot of live performances. Believe me, this is not to be missed. And bring a date along if you can, it rocks but at times it's down-right romantic.

They're performing again very soon and very close by. Don't let this little L.A. gem get by you:

Billy Vera

March, 10 2007 at Rusty's Surf Ranch
256 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, California 90401
Cost : $10

Details: 310-393-PIER

No comments: